Lecturer Communication Design
As part of HAN University of Applied Sciences (HAN) International School of Business (ISB) offers the English taught program Communications Studies in the business domain. ISB is a vibrant community of students from about 60 different cultural backgrounds.
What are your tasks?
You will contribute to the school’s objectives (preparing our students for the 21 century skills needed) by engaging in scholarly activity through teaching and supervision. You will be providing top-notch teaching, coaching and supervision to students, ranging from the first year to the fourth year of the bachelor program Communication.
Your focus will be on teaching communication design with subjects such as creative concepting, visual storytelling, creating content, campaign design, lay-outing, typography, branding and corporate identity design and interactive and digital design. You will coach students using the design thinking principles and by using visual language theories like the gestalt theory, semiotics and visual rhetoric.
You will also contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the academic program and modules reflecting the importance of business communication in a leading Business School and preparing our students for the 21 century skills needed. Supervising and coaching students during their studies and their internship is also part of your task.
What do you offer?
- You are highly skilled in design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and know how to teach this;
- Good intercultural teamwork skills;
- Team player, proactive and hands-on attitude;
- Student focus;
- Bachelor degree in relevant field;
- At least 4 years of (international) business work experience;
- Proof of excellent written and oral English language skills - Cambridge Proficiency level C2 or equivalent;
- Experience in educating young professionals.
What do we offer?
- An independent and varied job in a dynamic and informal setting and great team!;
- Appointment will initially be for one year and will start January 1st, 2022;
- The position will be at the level of Lecturer level 2;
- The gross monthly salary for Lecturer 2 a maximum of € 4.307,66 (scale 10 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Universities of Applied Sciences);
- The salary is exclusive of 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% annual bonus;
- Besides, the HAN offers good provisions regarding pension, health care, training facilities, mobility and parental leave.
How to respond?
Click on the link below this advertisement before October 15th 2021 to apply online. You can address the cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to Ms. Jetsje Sluiters.
The first job interview (in Arnhem or per MS Teams) will take place in the week of November 1st. The second job interview will take place in the week of November 8th.
A Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG, certificate of conduct) is required for employment at HAN University of Applied Sciences.
Would you like more information?
Mr. Dirk van der Steenhoven, content leader of the Communication Studies Team.
Would you like more information about the application procedure for this vacancy?
Diantha Bastiaans, employee Resource Desk
M 06 11 71 56 77
HAN University of Applied Sciences (HAN) is a leading university of applied sciences in the Netherlands. From its campuses in Arnhem and Nijmegen, 4,000 staff members provide education to 35,000 students in over 80 Bachelors and Masters courses. Six of these Bachelors courses and 4 of these Masters courses are taught in English to over 2,000 international students.
International School of Business offers the English taught programmes Communications Studies and International Business. International Business has four specialisations: Finance, Supply Chain Management, Marketing & Sales and Organisation & Change.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement will not be appreciated.
Geďnteresseerd?: Solliciteer nu
Heb je interesse in de vacature? Vul je gegevens in en laat je cv en motivatie achter.