Education in International Perspective
Are you studying to become a teacher and are you interested in an international career? Sign up for the Education in International Perspective exchange course offered by the HAN University of Applied Sciences!
This exchange course focuses on developing an international and innovative educational culture among young world citizens who seek a teaching career in primary or secondary education.
The Education in International Perspective exchange course is a semester course that is open to students in the field of teacher training (both primary and secondary). It will take place in Nijmegen during the Autumn semester of the academic year 2017-2018.
We offer a variety of international modules students can choose to make up their own study programme for the semster. . One of these modules, i.e. Re-Thinking (Dutch) Education , is required for everyone. Part of the Re-Thinking Dutch Education module is a short period of practice/placement (appr. 8 days) in a local school (primary or secondary).
If you choose to select the module School Placement, you will spend additional days/weeks at your placement school during the entire semester. Please note that the School Placement module can only be selected if you are a native speaker of either Dutch, French or English.
International modules on offer in the Autumn semester of 2017-2018:
- Re-Thinking Dutch Education (required for everyone)
- Performing Arts
- Exploring the far East
- Global Citizenship
- Classroom of Diversity
- Mathematics and Literacy Development
Please note the following:
- The above list of modules may be subject to changes
- The School Placement module is only open for international students (not for Dutch students) and it runs through the full semester
- Contact Magda Lichtenberg by email at email@example.com for full module descriptions and/or for more information regarding the exact course dates
- Attendance in all classes/sessions is mandatory
Block exchange course
This exchange course is offered once or twice a year in a block during a semester.
Type of exchange course
This is a differentiation exchange course. This means it enables you to develop your professional competences in a different/broader context.