To be eligible for the ABS Exchange Course you must be enrolled at a university that has a student exchange agreement with Arnhem Business School. The International Relations Office at your institution will be able to give you more information about this.
You should also have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate studies in the field of business, marketing or communication. As the course is given in English, you also need to have an acceptable level of proficiency in English e.g. the equivalent of an IELTS score of 6.5 (Academic level) or a TOEFL score of at least 232 (Computer based) or 79-93 (IBT).
Deadline for application
- Fall semester (September – January): 25 May
- Spring semester (February – July): 25 October
Depending on your nationality, you may require an entry visa (called MVV) and/or a residence permit to study in the Netherlands.
- If you are a national of one of the following countries, you will not require an MVV or a residence permit: members of the European Union and EEA, Switzerland.
- Nationals of the following countries will require a residence permit for a stay exceeding 3 months: Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, South Korea and USA (cost € 300).
- Nationals of any other country not mentioned above will require an MVV (Entry Visa) and a Residence Permit (cost € 300).
Entry Visa (MVV)
Arnhem Business School will apply for your entry visa (MVV) before you travel to the Netherlands.
The MVV application is sent to the Dutch Immigration Department where it is processed. When it is approved you can collect the MVV from the Dutch Embassy in your country of origin or where you have legal residency. This will be in the form of a sticker in your passport.
Documents required for your MVV application
- Copy of a valid passport
- Nuffic certificate*
- Proof of sufficient financial means**
* If you are a Chinese national, you will need to apply for a NESO certificate (see www.nesochina.org for detailed information)
** You must prove that you have sufficient finances to support yourself during your stay in the Netherlands. The amount of money you should have at your disposal per month is determined by the Dutch immigration service. The minimum required amount is periodically subject to change so it is useful to check the website of the immigration department.
As the "proof of sufficient finances" requirement is especially difficult to meet, Arnhem Business School also offers a special arrangement of an all-in package for € 5,250 (for a 6 month stay) or € 10,500 (for a stay of one year) which consists of facilitated MVV processing (about 3 weeks), guaranteed accommoda-tion for the period of stay, health and liability insurance and residence permit costs.
Owing to a new procedure initiated by the immigration department, it is now possible to apply for the residence permit before you travel to the Netherlands. Arnhem Business School will send your application to the immigration department and you will be able to collect your residence card shortly after your arrival here.
- Copy of a valid passport
- Signed application form (which will be sent to you by Arnhem Business School)
- A passport photo conform Dutch regulations
- Proof of sufficient financial means*
*You must prove that you have sufficient finances to support yourself during your stay in the Netherlands. The amount of money you should have at your disposal per month is determined by the Dutch immigration service. The minimum required amount is periodically subject to change so it is useful to check the website of the immigration department.