You may enrol in the Life Sciences Bachelors course if you have successfully completed your secondary education. Since the course is taught in English, you also need a sufficient level of English.
You will be admitted to the 1st year of the Life Sciences Bachelors course with one of the following certificates of secondary education:
• HAVO, old profiles NT with English, or NG with English
• HAVO, new profiles NT, with English, or NG with English
• VWO*, old profiles NT with English, NG with English
• VWO*, new profiles NT with English, NG with English
• International Baccalaureate • Abitur*
• Sekolah Menegah Atas (SMA) – (Indonesia)
• General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE-A level)
You may also be admitted with a comparable certificate (see below).
*Students with a VWO or Abitur certificate with sufficient marks in biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics may be admitted to a special three-year Bachelors course.
Comparable secondary certificate
If you do not have one of the certificates specified above, our enrolment office must approve your previous education and training. You should have a certificate at secondary level showing good grades in biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics.
Fluency in English
A sufficient level of fluency in English is a prerequisite for admission to this course, for example:
• An IELTS score of at least 6.0 or
• A TOEFL score of at least 79-80 (Internet based), 213 (computer based) or
• A Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Proficiency of English (CPE)
Please note: You may be invited to a Skype interview as part of your admission process. If you take a TOEFL test, you can ask ETS TOEFL to send us your score directly by using the HAN University of Applied Sciences code: 7832.